Shamanism for Inspired Local and Global Change
Using divination to carve out effective solutions to collective challenges
In challenging times, shamanic work – when combined with knowledge and action in ordinary reality– can significantly contribute to effective and sustainable solutions for community and global problems. Shamanic divination – asking the fully compassionate spirits for answers to questions – is particularly helpful in providing inspired and workable ways to address complex issues in ordinary reality.
This workshop offers practical methods to gain and apply wisdom from the spirits to resolve persistent problems facing humanity, our precious Earth, and its inhabitants. Thus, the real power of shamanic divination as a systematic, spiritual method of problem solving is revealed. This enables shamanic practitioners to take decisive steps in ordinary reality that can bring about change for the benefit of all.
The theoretical basis for the workshop is the article “Shamanic Divination as Spiritual Problem Solving” by Susan Mokelke.
The workshop “Shamanism for Inspired Local and Global Change” addresses the following aspects of shamanic work in a practical way:
- Becoming familiar with and practicing a spiritual methodology for solving collective problems
- Using shamanic divination to gain insight into real-world issues you care about
- Deepening reflections on ethics in Core Shamanism, with specific regard to collective concerns
- Understanding the role of human beings on Earth
- Ways to use shamanic work compassionately and for the benefit of all